Sunday, August 21, 2005

Quiet Please

Reading about A.N.S.W.E.R.'s anti-war protest scheduled for Sept 24 in Washington, I was sure that protestwarrior.com would stage their own counter protest. I am encouraged to see the Anti-war movement be challenged, but am disappointed to see arguments for the War or even those arguments against, both reduced to chants. I'm currently entertaining the notion of going to the protest with a sign that simply reads "stop shouting." If anyone wants to know my views on the War they will have to ask,.. nicely. Perhaps even I should print yellow cards that warn "You are not communicating effectively" and red cards that read "Authorities will be notified" to be given to the most belligerent of participants.

5 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

Just a slight correction here. The demonstration is scheduled for September 24 (not August 24). I know the exact date, not because I'm participating but because I saw a sign fastened to a utility pole here in the D.C. Metro area. There will be lots of chanting, I'm sure. Such chanting doesn't accomplish anything except ego-stroking, in my opinion.

BTW, thank you for stopping by my blog. Quite a storm there, heh? I couldn't keep up with it and still maintain my marriage.

8/22/2005 06:51:00 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

MG,
Toni left a long response to you @
http://alwaysonwatch.blogspot.com/
2005/08/announcing-truth-project.html

Just letting you know.

8/22/2005 02:05:00 PM  
Blogger maccusgermanis said...

thanks AOW, I corrected the erroneous date.

8/22/2005 05:28:00 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

To bad so many demonstrations turn into shouting matches that get little or nothing done. The weekend after Labor Day we'll be going to an event that makes more since, Skidmore, Missouris' Freedom Fest,(http://www.skidmorefreedomfest.com/)Chances are some of the speakers will support the war others will oppose it. Past trips to Skidmore tell me both sides will have one thing in common, support for our troops.
I have updated Gas Prices In Your Area, I hope you will stop by for that.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

8/24/2005 06:54:00 PM  
Blogger maccusgermanis said...

Who was I kidding, I'm not going to Washington to whisper reason at the sort of zealots that will drive to Washington with these gas prices.

8/29/2005 12:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home