Friday, January 13, 2006

These Baptist Need A Drink

Like perhaps a "hot cup of shut the hell up!"
I have recently read in a local paper that Westboro Baptist Church is planning a protest of Sgt First Class Stephen J. Wright of Talladega, Alabama. I am consoled that the Patriot Guard Riders, a group familiar with WBC, is marshalling to shield the family from the hateful sloganeers. The family,wisely perhaps, seems to closely guard any timeline for their memorial plans. I suspect that the burial will be done at a sudden time without much press coverage. It will be sad if a U.S. soldier must be sneaked away for burial but I can see the wisdom of telling as few as possible. And I am grateful for Patriot Guard Riders mission of respect.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Schantz said...

Westboro Baptist Church members came to Saint Joseph, Missouri to protest a military funeral last August. Since then our city council has past an ordinance banning funeral protest. They returned recently to protest the ban. I've posted a couple of messages about it. Now I hear our state law makers are working on legislation out lawing these protest. I suppose we will be hearing more from the church members. I can tell you that they have a different God than I do. Theirs teaches them to hate anything they disagree with. I was taught to hate the sin and to try to help the sinner.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

1/15/2006 12:58:00 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

God Bless The Patriot Guard Riders. I have posted a message about the Missouri State Legislation that would stop the funeral protest.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

1/18/2006 07:41:00 PM  
Blogger elmers brother said...

Since then our city council has past an ordinance banning funeral protest.

That's seem reasonable, unlike this so called church.

1/28/2006 02:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home