Friday, June 01, 2007

Purpose, Preparation or Pertubation?

I have been in a public place (recently Jim 'N' Nicks) on Thurs evenings in order to discuss islam since it was first suggested by Dag. (who can be found posting with other blue revolution sympathizers at Covenant Zone. )

Last night madcow, pilgrim, an as yet blogless infidel, and I met and discussed the purpose for our meeting. It is true that cars parked in Alabama have a remarkably fireproof quality. And that muslims that can be met here are often unfailingly polite. None of that changes what islam fundamentally is or how it has revealed itself to others that are not so fortunate to live in Alabama. I do not speak only of what might be considered the muslim world, but also France, Denmark, Sweden, and Dearborn, Michigan.

The recognition that many Americans do not live directly next to a jihadist mosque did likely lead Christine of Center for Vigilant Freedom to suggest the support of forces-of-freedom-abroad. So perhaps, we might organise to raise funds and lend financial support to those more engaged than we by islamic encroachment.

Personally, I would like to expand the network of people in this state that are probably already concerned about islam. Such persons might tell me ahead of time when next Daniel Ali is scheduled to speak. I've seen only brief coverage on our local NBC affiliate after I'd already missed his speech.

And as much as it may seem that the threat does not reside here, I'm sure that memory of similar thought can be elicited from citizens of the above mentioned European countries and Dearborn.

Edit: (In this post I made an error of redunancy in this post that I didn't notice until reading the blurb of this post at 7.62justice. Way to keep me honest sniper. Thanks.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate that I missed Daniel Ali, too. Maybe next time. I spent a lot of time yesterday and today at FaithFreedom.org What a great resource, especially coming from (ex)Muslims. As for folks who think it won't happen here, maybe today's terror plot will be a wake-up call.

Also, the Jamaat ul-Fuqra/Muslims of the Americas compounds are apparently all over the country, including in the South. As Oriana Fallaci would say "Wake up, America. Wake up".

6/02/2007 04:59:00 PM  
Blogger Steve Harkonnen said...

We have a muslim family that is in this new subdivision we moved into about 3 weeks ago. I saw them today. She was wearing her long black veil and he was driving. I was surprised that she wasn't sitting in the back seat.

6/04/2007 10:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home