Monday, August 13, 2007

"It's only fair."

When I was refused entry to the meeting of the ismailis at Prince of Peace Catholic Church, I was told that since I did not live in the immediate area that it was "only fair" that I not be allowed to attend. Actually, I think they could have easily accommodated me, and I also think that the traffic and noise problems associated with the development of a Jamatkhana on the residential street of Sulphur Springs road could also be addressed. But since, residents that I spoke to wanted no development, and others wanted taxable tenants, it's "only fair" that the ismailis have been denied permits.

And make no mistake, the residents were more concerned about traffic than the fact that ismailis claim to be muslims. After all, Unless I'm mistaken the real muslims, the ones that support "mujahadeen" but not "terrorists" actually got their permit for a mosque on Hackberry Lane.

2 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

Maccus Germanis,
You were denied entry? I can't say that I'm surprised. It also figures that traffic was the greater concern on the past of residents. Too many people are not aware of the Islamic threat.

8/15/2007 08:12:00 AM  
Blogger maccusgermanis said...

Well, I really don't feel very threatened by these nominal muslims. I can't see that they are muslims. I have found that they are somewhat defensive about discussing how they are, as a cult of the Aga Khan, divergent from islam.

I'm just disappointed. I think if Nizaris were honest about their convictions, then they would be great allies in combating islam. The trouble is that they, and many of our mindless, somehow think that their less then 3% of the nominally muslim population will more define the future of islam than the koran, hadith, example of mo' and the other 97%.

8/15/2007 09:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home